About Our Doctor
I am a Consultant Surgeon trained in General, Bariatric , Gastrointestinal and HPB Surgery. In addition I am a surgical endoscopist with GESA accreditation for Colonoscopy and Endoscopy and wide experience in ERCP. I am a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh , UK.
I had my Basic and advanced Surgical Training at the National Hospital Colombo, and the North Colombo Teaching Hospital in Sri Lanka. I trained in Sub speciality of Gastrointestinal Surgery and HPB Surgery and trained in Canberra Hospital from 2008-2011. I was also a senior fellow in liver transplant and HPB Surgery at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. I have had training stints in India, South Korea, Japan and UK.
I constantly update my skills with travelling short courses both in Australia and overseas to keep abreast of the skills in bariatric surgery. From 2011 to 2015, I practiced as a Consultant Surgeon at North Colombo Teaching Hospital with a conjoint appointment as a Senior Lecturer in Surgery.
I moved to Australia in 2015 and worked as a General Surgeon in Alice Springs till I moved to Sydney in 2017 , performing full breadth of general surgery and enjoying the outback. I have also lectured as an honorary lecturer at The Australian National University and University of Flinders and currently as a Senior lecturer in Surgery in the University of Sydney.
I moved to Dubbo in February 2018 and have established my practice here. I work closely with the team at RPA and other referral centres in Sydney. I live on the outskirts of Dubbo with my family enjoying the quite country life. I enjoy a game of Tennis at the club and like to explore the surroundings with my family.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery M.B.B.S. (2000)
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- MS (University Of Colombo)
- Master of Philosophy (Australian National University. Research and
- Laparoscopic and Endoluminal Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery- Advanced Course- IRCAD , Hopitaux Universitaires, Strasbourg, France 2018
- Bariatric Surgery Training Courses with Johnson and Johnson 2017-2018
- Fellow in Liver Transplant/ HPB/Upper GI Surgery – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Fellow in HPB and Upper GI Surgery- Canberra Hospital
- Travelling Fellowship to ASAN medical Centre South Korea
- Travelling Fellowship to TATA Memorial Hospital Mumbai, India
- Visiting Research and Clinical Fellow, Kyushu University , Fukuoka, Japan
- Liver transplant and HPB Attachment- Kings College London
- Bariatric Surgery Training Laparo Obese Centre , Pune India
- VMO Dubbo Private Hospital, Dubbo, NSW
- Senior Staff Specialist – Western NSW Health District, Dubbo, NSW
- VMO Strathfield Hospital
- VMO Lifehouse, Camperdown
- Consultant Surgeon , Alice Springs Hospital 2015-2017
- Consultant HPB/General Surgeon, North Colombo Teaching Hospital , Sri
- Australian Medical Council AHPRA
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Speciality: General Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Hepatobiliary (liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile duct) Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery including hernia surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery (Upper and Lower GI)
- General Surgery
- Gastroscopy , Colonoscopy , ERCP and Interventional Endoscopy